On a Mac, I use PHPStorm or Sublime Text to edit my code.
- Git: version control
- npm: dependency for Grunt and bower
- Grunt: automation
- nodejs: dependency for bower
- bower: web package manager
Node.js package manager, required by Grunt and bower.
curl https://npmjs.org/install.sh | sh
What is Grunt for?
Grunt automates boring and repetitive but necessary tasks such as:
- running and reporting on unit tests,
- jslinting the code,
- gathering source code files into a single file and finally,
- minifying (uglifying, lol!) the code.
Warning: make sure npm is already setup ("which npm" command will tell you).
sudo npm install -g grunt-cli