All useful links need to be listed under a topic. The general aim of these useful links is to make websites. For each link, describe briefly who the website or the page is useful for.
- A List Apart publishes various articles related to web development. It has been running for several years and consistently publishes articles of high quality.
- HTML 5 Doctor tutorials to learn about HTML 5 tags and their appropriate uses.
- Colour scheme designer to make harmonious colour combinations before designing a website.
- WebDesignAgencies to list interesting web design agencies and check what they have made.
- Shades of colours like pink, in wikipedia, lists many different shades of a given colour and is useful when deciding which dominant colours a website design should be.
- CSS 3 gradients generator to make gradients of colours with CSS. Another gradient generator is also very nice.
- Free vector graphics to be inspired by other people's work or simply to re-use some of the free designs.
- Commons wikimedia is useful because I can use any graphics as long as the website license of the website where the graphic is used is "Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike".
- Check if a password has already been compromised by a website weak security.
- Share on Facebook without using an iFrame. Be aware this method is deprecated, and although it currently works, it doesn't get any fix or support and might get withdrawn in the future. The recommended way to share on Facebook is to use Like, which unfortunately always comes with an iFrame hurting client-side performance.
- Week numbers to see which week is which number in a given year.
- Free e-mail system from Google Apps (up to 10 users).
- Json Formatter to tidy up a Json string.
- Design competitions to get logos and brand from a bunch of freelance designers.
- Dutch Top Level Domain registrar to check .nl domain names.
- Wiki markup to make it easy to edit this wiki.
- Install fonts with Ubuntu to add new fonts other systems commonly have. Plenty of fonts to download in True Type Format.
- Clippy is back! - a fun jquery plugin to place Clippy on any website. Because that's sooo useful, lol!
- KvK forms the Amsterdam Chamber of Commerce has several forms to manage my ZZP registration. It's possible to change details of my registration (PDF).
- Run python in Apache.
To search for unread e-mails in the Gmail inbox, type
in the search box.